BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 20, 2012

Heart Happy Memories

Pinned Image

When I see my children smile, it brightens my day. It seems I get too busy with my schedule, have too much to do, and get frustrated too often.

When I slow down, look at my family...really look at them, I feel so blessed. Watching them smile, listening to them laugh, and seeing them play are all priceless moments in my life.

I wonder if I offer those moments to my children. Will they carry memories of me smiling, laughing, playing with them? Will they remember musical happy tones in my voice? Will the tired, weighed down tones win out in their memories?

I am working this year on slowing myself down a bit to play with my children.  Read to them. Make things with them, and really experience life in a special way.

We have tried to build those memories recently by playing games, building blocks, and having a candlelit dinner. We have been reading through Little Pilgrim's Progress, by John Bunyan. That has been both heartfelt and fun. I hope we can continue in this pattern and I encourage others to do the same.
Here are some other ways you can get thoughts about Making Life Meaningful Monday.
~~Melissa

1 comment:

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Hi Melissa! Yes, the slowing down and paying attention to the kids is the important part -- it's like we were both thinking the same kind of thing this week. I definitely get way over-focused on tasks, but more often these days, I've learned to turn my ear to the Lord, and he sometimes tweaks my plans or just reminds me to be FUN! Looks like you've been busy writing this week. I noticed the post on prunes. I love them, but I have no idea what I'd do with that many of them! Good luck!